TROUBLE - The Distortion Field Gatefold 2-LP (White Vinyl)
Limited edition of 200 copies.
Trouble’s 2013 comeback album (feat. Kyle Thomas on vocals) is 100% quality Doom/Heavy Metal!
Trouble’s last studio offering (from 2013) has proven to be quite extraordinary.
After putting out the “Simple Mind Condition” and replacing Eric Wagner with Kory Clarke, Trouble looked like they were to reinvent themselves.
After trying out Kory, Bruce Franklin and Rick Wartell decided to call Kyle Thomas of Exhorder and Alabama Thunderpussy fame to reprise his role as vocalist for Trouble since he had acted
as their vocalist for 4 shows during the late 90’s but had never recorded with them.
With Kyle Thomas, Trouble was able to truly reinvent themselves, and in a very positive manner.
Obviously the first notable topic of interest is the mentioned Kyle Thomas. As this was the first album to not feature long-time vocalist Eric Wagner (who sadly passed away in 2021).
With that said, Kyle does a stellar job.
He possesses an incredible vocal range, and delivers his vocals in a powerful way.
Kyle certainly deserves credit for stepping into the lead vocalist position and delivers a stellar performance.
Musically, the album sits between Trouble’s classic doomy metal sound and their psychedelia/rock infused material.
The song writing is more straightforward as far as arrangements go, and the album is full of powerful riffs; Bruce Franklin and Rick Wartell once again prove that they are the undisputed
champions of heavy doomy riffing.
Their powerful lead work can be heard throughout the album, and as always adds to the Trouble vintage sound.
Upon its release in 2013 everybody gave Trouble the credit they deserve, and the album aged really well.
Do not overlook this album; Trouble fans will enjoy it a lot.
2023 should finally see a follow-up being released.
• LP comes as a deluxe 180 grams audiophile vinyl
• First time on vinyl with the original artwork
• Fully remastered by Erwin Hermsen at Toneshed Studio
• This is a Trouble album, possibly one of the best Heavy Doom bands ever
• Phil Anselmo put it succinctly: “Lord knows without Trouble, Down would be in trouble!”
• Features stand-out vocalist Kyle Thomas of Exhorder and Alabama Thunderpussy
• Trouble is one of the inpspirator of all the US bands that are causing waves now, like Khemmis and Pallbearer
• Including the Japanese bonustrack “The Apple from the Snake”
Needed if you like: Trouble, Black Sabbath, Candlemass, Soundgarden