ORPHANAGE - Oblivion LP (Transparent Blue Vinyl) (Pre-order)
Ships March 15th.
Gatefold-cover, insert, 180 gram vinyl.
Innovative Gregorian Doom Death Metal classic remastered and re-packaged for an ultimate listening experience!
After a year of hard work Hammerheart Records will finally release the Orphanage re-issue project!
This fine release will feature the first two Orphanage albums “Oblivion” and “By Time Alone” and the demo-compilation “Morph/Druid” in a 3-CD boxset, both albums on vinyl and a very limited edition vinyl bundle including both albums and exclusive the demos on vinyl as extra!
Orphanage was a band that exploded on the Dutch scene by 1994 and became a big household name in the years 1995 to 2004.
They played all big stages in Europe and were praised for their unique, innovative style of Death Metal (with melody and gothic influences being added).
Orphanage made their songs heavy, with emphasis on bombasm and atmosphere.
The mix of Gothic and Doom Metal would not totally miss the point with Orphanage, but then you got the brutal/heavy elements as well.
The feel of the music has it’s connection to the atmosphere of gloomy castles, and perhaps even some fantasy-elements.
Everything has been painstakingly re-mastered by Toneshed and artwork rebuild from almost scratch with full back up of the band themselves.
Key sales & marketing points:
• Orphanage was a unique band from the unique early 90’s Dutch Death Metal scene
• ”Oblivion” and “By Time Alone” were originally released on the legendary Dutch label DSFA Records
• Mastered from the original DAT tapes by Erwin Hermsen at Toneshed Recording Studio (Dead Head, Legion of the Damned, Siege of Power, Trouble)
• Artwork rebuild from scratch by Wouter Wagemans
• Featuring (ex)members of bands as Within Temptation, Delain, The Gathering
• Partly recorded, produced and engineered by Oscar Holleman (RS29)